June 21, 2008

Stacey's New Home Away From Home


Hermana Wilcox and Escoto (Stacey's trainers)

They welcomed her to the mission with a great treat!

From now on my emails are going to include a new portion called "That's just a bonus!" These are things that make me smile. Allow me to explain. Things you expected when you came to the mission are; having a companion, tracting, exhaustion... I could go on. Then there are things that I didn’t expect. Here are a few bonuses: checking your shoes for cockroaches before you put them on, stepping on a slimy slug in the middle of the carpet when you're looking for your ear plugs so that you can get 45 more minutes of sleep when "Carlos el gallo" is crowing. He starts around 5:36 am. That's just a bonus. Slugs - ewww!

the bars on the windows are just another "bonus"


Unpacking in Los Angeles

No comments:

Post a Comment